Friday, September 18, 2009

Well....it's official...I'm too close to 40

Well, as I said in the title of this blog, it is now obvious to me that I have gotten WAY too close to 40. I just spent some time at the eye doctor today to find out what I already knew.....I need to get glasses.

I have always had fabulous vision, but I have noticed that I have been having problems seeing very fine things at work [like insulin syringes and telemetry strips]. Since this is a very important part of my job, and since I haven't been to the eye doctor in about 15 years [yikes], I decided it was definitely time to pay one a visit. So, the very nice Dr. Holtom told me that I was in need of some glasses for reading.

Well, they are ordered and my heart skipped beats at the $461.00 price tag for the glasses, lenses and eye exam. But, I guess after this week, I'll be able to see more clearly and that is a good thing. Even though it is forcing me to take a nice long look in the mirror and come to grips with what is staring back at me....I am aging. Sigh.

No comments: