Sunday, September 13, 2009

Meep....Meep...It's The Road Runner

I feel like I'm that cartoon character that I watched so often as a child. The cartoon character was called the Road Runner. He was this super fast blue bird, who spent his time running through the cartoons and fending off attacks by Wyle E. Coyote. I am thankful that I have no human nemesis like Wyle E. to fend off, [ well at least none that I know of ], but I can totally relate to running like the Road Runner.

Take today for example. Here's a brief overview of my day:

1. I have to read in order to prep for the nursing lab tomorrow at 8 am on pre-and post-op care of patients. I'm not teaching this lab [thank God :-) ] but I need to be prepared to answer student questions when they're in their small groups.

2. I have to make the snacks for the kids school lunches. Buying store bought snacks was killing our grocery budget. So, after thinking long and hard about it, I decided that I could make their snacks from scratch, thereby, saving us a little $$. So the baking plan for today is 5 dozen sugar diamonds, 2 batches of peanut butter cookies, and 4 loaves of pound cake. Whew!! So far, I'm done with the peanut butter cookes and the first part of the sugar diamonds. So, I still have some time in the kitchen.

3. I need to do laundry. For all 6 of us. Laundry is actually a household chore that I enjoy, but it is time consuming. Also, Rob has no idea who belongs to which clothes so it's just easier if I do this job.

4. Housecleaning. I have to give the house a once over so that it's good to go for the rest of the week.

5. I need to make sure that the kids have finished all of their homework for tomorrow. I've been caught a few Monday mornings with panicked children that need help to frantically finish something that they had all weekend to finish but didn't. I've learned my lesson on that one. Everyones' bag gets checked on Sunday afternoon to ensure that we're all on the same page with what needs to be done.

6. I need to do some grocery shopping to replenish what I used when baking today. I think we'll be completely out of flour, sugar, milk, butter and some other things.

7. Then I need to read some more. I have nursing students completing Nursing Care Plans for their patients for the very first time this week and I need to review them. So, when all that other work is done, I need to sit down and spend some time in the nursing diagnosis and care plan book so that I'm ready to help them with that on Tues. and Wed.

Oh, by the way, did I mention that Rob is out today all day at 2 church services in the morning, prep for his young adult service this afternoon and then doing his young adult service tonight? So, the above 7 tasks are being completed by me with no help from my wonderful husband, while 4 kids go about their own activities in the house!!!????!!!!!

I guess you all get the picture. So here I goooooooo.....MEEP......MEEP

No comments: