Sunday, December 21, 2008

An Update

I just wanted to write a little update. We had a wonderful time in Red Deer. The people are very warm and friendly and we were treated like a king and queen. Rob has officially been offered the job as Young Adults Pastor at CrossRoads Church in Red Deer. We have already officially accepted and we have a tenative start date of January 5th 2009. HOORAY!!! That is still tentative due to some issues we are still working through on housing, so once we know when we can get into a home, we will know when we can officially start.

I had a great interview with the manager of the ER at the Red Deer Hospital but I will still be talking with the manager of the Neuromedical Unit just to be sure that she doesn't have something I would be more interested in doing.

So overall, everything is going great. Seth is having a bit of an adjustment and has asked to "go home" a few times but so far so good.

We are wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Once we are settled, I will post all of our new contact info.

Thanks for all of your love and prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I am so happy for you guys!!
Glad to hear that everything went so well and we will be praying for the right job for you too Andrea.

Hope you guys have a great Christmas and Happy New Year.

I have not sent your gift yet, so I may just wait until I have a new address for you.

I have started a blog myself so please stop by when you get a chance

heimermannhappenings.blogspot.com

God Bless you and we love and miss you!
Jodi,Dennis, Sam and Emma

PS.Please pray for Sam and Emma, they are both sick with colds. Sam is getting better already, but Emma's is hanging around. I don't want it to get any worse!

Faye Benishek said...

Hey guys, I finally looked you up and am glad to see your site. Steve and I just got done reading it and are glad to know everything is progressing. Congrats on the job and best wishes in finding living arrangements and the right job at the hospital.

I hope you had and are having a nice time with family and friends over the holiday season. Was the concert as amazing as you had hoped for?

As soon as you get an address, you'll have to send it to me. I think there may be some mint brownies waiting for you! :-)

Love you guys, Faye and all of her boys

karenraye said...

My husband Willie and I would like to thank you for the great framed poem you gave Willie for Christmas. I would love to share the poem that it inspired me to write. I know you don't know me but Willie was Seth's busdriver and I am his wife Karen.

karenraye said...

I hope you don't mind me getting this to you this way. I have wanted to send it to you ever since I wrote it and just barely got your blogsite and time to do it. I hope Seth is doing well adjusting to his new surroundings. Karen, Willie's wife

I Know a Kind Man

I know a kind man who drives a school bus
He does many things that might amaze us.
Above and beyond call of duty goes he
And he takes his job very seriously.

The sweet little children are put in his care.
He delivers them daily from here and to there.
He cares for their safety and knows them by name,
They could have been his kids; he treats them the same.

Sweet innocent children so challenged it’s true
They cannot do everything all kids can do.
He feels such compassion it can’t help but show
And teachers and parents – they usually know.

He understands problems as much as one can,
Takes every precaution with kind gentle hand.
A deep understanding that words don’t convey
Is somehow made clearer day after day.

These children are special, their parents well know
Their driver is also it shows with a glow.
With a big, happy grin on his face every day
He deals with each child in their own special way.


Written by Karen Rangel
To Willie Rangel
12-16-08