Sunday, March 28, 2010

The doctor

Rob has been gone for the last 6 days - 3 to Pastor's Retreat just north of us here in Alberta and 3 to Fond du Lac Wisconsin for Faye and Steve Daniels' wedding. He just returned home today and Spencer was VERY excited to see her Daddy. She kept running into his arms yelling, "You're home Daddy....you're home!" When everything settled down, she and her father had the following conversation:

Spencer: "Daddy, I'm gonna be a doctor."
Rob: "Really? That's nice. Will you take care of Daddy when he's sick?"
Spencer: "Nope."
Rob: Oh, why not?"
Spencer: "Cuz, I'm leaving right now."
Rob: "You're leaving to be a doctor right now?"
Spencer: "Yep."
Spencer left the room. Within 5 seconds she was back with her hand outstretched to say...
Spencer: " Dad, I need money!"
I so enjoy conversations like this one with my children. Conversations like this happen all the time. I need to take the time to really remember and enjoy these. I guess I also need to start saving for medical school. :0)

No comments: