Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cellulitis

So I have a very busy weekend this weekend. I have an assignment to grade, a test to mark, 7 weekly logs of nursing practice to review and an interview to prep for. On top of all that, I have cellulitis in my left leg.

If you don't know what this is, it's inflammation of the tissues. So basically I have a left shin that is swollen, red, hot and very, very sore. I went to the doctor today and he told me that if I had waited another 24-48 hours I would have needed to go on IV antibiotics. I'm glad I didn't wait. I've taken my antibiotics, my Tylenol and my Acidophilius tablet, so, I'm going to get myself set up, prop the offending leg up on some pillows and mark my butt off!

Also, there's a sessional position that has opened up at the College and I decided that I would apply for it, so I have to prep for a 15 minute interview for Monday at 2:00 pm. I have to teach a panel of 4 -5 people about a skill that I use in my clinical setting for 15 minutes and I have to draw them into the teaching time with discussion questions. Did I mention that the panel is made up of important people like the Chair of the Nursing Department???!!?? So, an already busy weekend just got busier and now my leg is in a bad way.

So, think of me and pray for me that I can get all of these items marked and reviewed, that the antibiotics start working quickly and that I can prep a very engaging teaching time for Monday.

I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

How did your interview go? Praying that your leg clears up soon. My dad just had it in his elbow and my aunt has it in her legs and it flares up quite bad.

Miss you guys a bunch!

Love Jodi

I can't believe how big your kids are!